Mission Statement: The mission of District 742 is to prepare all learners, in partnership with their families and the community, to live and contribute within a changing and diverse world.
1. EXCELLENCE - A continuous and relentless pursuit of the highest standards of rigor and relevance while being accountable to each other in all we do.
2. LEARNING - Keep the student at the center of our planning, preferences and choices while assuring many opportunities to maximize thinking, learner access, potential and success in a differentiated learning environment.
3. LEADERSHIP - Act courageously, fulfill our responsibilities and collaborate with our constituencies to bring valued perspectives to our decisions.
4. PARTNERSHIP - Engage in our shared mission with trust, competency, transparency and interdependency with all stakeholders: staff, students, families, community, organizations and school board.
5. RESPECT - Honesty, authenticity and compassion in our words and actions while valuing the strengths, and the contributions of all, in this diverse community.